QT Wallet MN setup
How to setup your Masternode using the QT wallet
If you are using a provider, please refer to their specific setup instructions. This is typically the easiest method to get started with running master nodes.
The first thing you'll need to do is create and fund an address with EXACTLY 2,000,000 XDN. On the receive tab in QT wallet click "New Address"
Enter a label. In this example "MN1" is used.
New address "MN1" successfully added
Send exactly 2,000,000 XDN to the new address "MN1" and wait for at least 15 confirmations then double click the transaction to get specifics.
copy the Transaction ID up to the "-"
- 1.Click "Setup Node"
- 2.Search for "XDN"
- 3.Click "DigitalNote"
- 1.Paste "transaction ID" from clipboard
- 2.ignore "Output ID"
- 3.Click "Setup Masternode"
- 1.Read instructions and make mental note of "service status on My nodes page"
- 2.Click "Done"
Node status has changed to "waiting"
- 1.notice status is stated as "waiting" in 2 different locations
- 2.click "Start node"
- 1.Return to the XDN data directory: Windows: C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\roaming\xdn MacOS: ~/Library/Application Support/xdn Linux: ~/.xdn
- 1.Save this document in the data directory as "masternode.conf".
- 2.If XDN wallet is running, close wallet.
- 3.Launch XDN wallet..(it you just closed an open wallet, wait 2 minutes before relaunching).
- 4.Navigate to the "Masternodes" tab in QT wallet then choose "My Master Nodes" tab.
- 5.If you do not see your master node click "Update".
Even though QT wallet may appear synced it is best to wait at least 5 minutes before proceeding to next step
- 1.unlock wallet
- 2.click on/select your masternode(blue indicates selection)
- 3.click "Start"
Masternode is now running
The first thing you'll need to do is create and fund an address with EXACTLY 2,000,000 XDN.